Saturday, March 18, 2006

Out of the closet

Herewith, a tongue-in-cheek response to the nasty letter published in The Monument several weeks ago. Most readers will get the point. But, as you will see from the comments, some readers take this blog just a little too seriously! NT.

"An open letter to our loyal readers -

Dear friends:

It is time I come out of the closet and admit to the world who I truly am. For the first time, I am publicly admitting that I am a heterosexual.
Before you judge me, please look at me as the neighbor you have known since I moved to Gray several years ago. I haven't changed, and am still that same person.
In case you're wondering, that person I've been living with is my wife, Susan. And now I can reveal that the little boy you see with us is our son, Andrew.
It's very scary to admit to something so personal, and I hope my friends and neighbors will support me. I'll still continue to volunteer as a firefighter/fire-police for Gray Fire-Rescue. And I'll still continue to do my photography.
I spoke with Don Crandall recently, and he said he would not think any less of me for being who I am. I was very relieved to hear that, since I've always considered him to be a kind, caring, supporter of Gray and everyone living here.
And now that you've found out who I truly am, I'm sure you'll agree that you couldn't care less about my personal life, any more than I care about yours. You expect to be treated with courtesy and respect, as do I.
Straight or gay, I'm not defined by labels, but by how I treat my family and neighbors.
I'm sure you agree.

Nathan Tsukroff"